Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Conversation With Troy

I write quite a bit on here about the conversations Em and I have. Mostly to document that they did in fact happen in case the therapist asks later. If you are wondering see The Boss, Chicken Diaries, Nap Time  or I Can't Be With You Anymore . These are just a few examples. As you can see it happens frequently.

However, there are very few posts on here about the conversations Troy and I have. There is a reason for this, but I will let you figure it out. Tuesday night he is in one of his favorite places. The swing. He would swing, I don't know, forever? So he is in the swing and I am standing in front of him pushing him.


He points off somewhere and says.... Ehhhh. EH! EHHH!
Troy, use your words.
He then proceeds to click his tongue. Click. Click. Click.
Still not words buddy. Can you use words?

He looks at me and points.
That is a gesture. Not a word Troy.
He looks at me and goes back to his original plan.
Ehhh. Eh. Eh. Eh.
I give up and start pushing him from behind, because this is what he wanted from the start. Maybe this is why he doesn't talk? I don't know but he was quite happy, and quiet, after that.




And that folks is a conversation with Troy.

No comments: