Sunday, December 19, 2010
I can't Be With You Anymore
Emily doesn't always take a nap.
Shocker.
Every once in awhile we have a day like today where she just can't stop.
I put her down and minutes later she is back up with some problem.
Bathroom.
Thirsty.
Bathroom.
Anything else she can think of.
So today after an hour and a half of putting her back in bed I just let her do her thing.
I knew she was in her room playing but she was quiet and happy so I left her.
Until she started to cry.
Her fake cry.
So I go in there and she is laying in bed.
What's the matter? I ask.
I just can't be with you anymore. She answers.
I have absolutely no idea what she is talking about so I take the bait. What??
I tiptoed.
I put my shoes on.
I put my tutu on.
I put my fairy dress on.
I put my headband on.
And now I don't know what else to do. I had my eyes closed though, by the way.
So can I get up? She said looking at me hopefully.
Wow.
Did she say by the way??
I let her get up. I mean what else could I do.
The kid did have her eyes closed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment