Happy Birthday Emmie Jane,
13?!? Are you sure? You've been waiting for this one. An "official" teenager. I have to say it makes me a little sad to think about how fast time is flying, especially when you love to tell me about how you will be driving in two years or starting high school next year. It is flying by, but it is pretty great to get to watch how you have grown and changed and the person you have become. I am so proud of the teenager you are today. You will still grow and change and you have a lot of figuring out who you are and what you want to do, but you have plenty of time to do that. And, you have a really good foundation to start with. You are so confident in who you are and your abilities. You are strong and smart. You are hardworking, honest, and take pride in what you do. You have strong beliefs and aren't easily swayed by others who might not share those same beliefs and you are not afraid to stand up for what you believe in. You are creative and fun, and funny. This year is a little different. I love that you are getting to explore your creative side and spend time doing things you love like art, and sewing and singing. I also love that you and I are figuring out how to make this teacher/ student thing work. It's good for us, and I know that we will get it right at some point. Even if we fail a little along the way, that is okay. Actually, it is the mistakes and the trials that help us grow and continue to teach us who we really are. I know that you can do this, because I have seen you do it before. Just know that as you get older these trials can get tougher and the times we fail can be so much harder. Don't be afraid to ask for help; from us, from teachers, from friends. You have so many people in your life who love and adore you and would do anything for you. We will always be here for you, no matter how old you are. We love you so much Baby. Happy sweet 13 my beautiful girl.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy





No comments:
Post a Comment