Thursday, March 12, 2020

Jack | 8 Years Old



Happy Birthday Jack-Jack!!

      8 Years old Buddy! That's big-time. It feels like every year you are just waiting and waiting to get to be another year older, another year closer to your brother and sister. It's not easy being the youngest and always having to wait. This year was a tough one. We have a lot going on in our world right now and so we didn't get to celebrate your big day quite like we wanted to, but you still had a pretty good birthday. A new bike, an awesome Nerf gun. Boxing gloves and a Lego rocket ships! And two whole days with just you and Grandma and Grandpa and Gigi. That's pretty special. You, my friend, are pretty special. I don't know another kid who loves life quite like you. You are so full of energy and love to be with others doing anything, just having fun and being together. Board games, riding bikes, playing outside, video games, all sports, legos, race cars, snuggling...you will do it all. You also love school and Math! You were arguing recently with your siblings about how great school was, which they disagreed with, but I loved seeing your passion for it. You know what you like and you will fight for it, even if you are wrong. You make yourself heard. You always have. Your kindergarten teacher still said it best when she said, "When Jack talks others can't help but listen." Well you definitely like to talk. We worked a lot on that at the beginning of this second grade year, but you figured it out. You have grown up so much this past year. You are so smart. You are a great friend. You are kind and helpful. You love so big and are still never too far to check in for a hug or a kiss multiple times a day. You are fast and strong. You still have no fear and will jump first and hope someone is there to catch you afterwards. I know you will push the limits, go too fast, and you will be the first to try something. Twice this week I have had to tell you to get down off of the neighbors playhouse roof. You scare me a little that way because I never want to see you get hurt or fall. But I do love your courage, and your bravery. I love that even if you are afraid you will still jump. Just be smart about from where and how high. You might be the youngest and smallest (for now) in our family, but you make up for it 10x over by being you. We love you so much Jack-Attack. all the way to everything in the universe infinity times and back. I know 8 is going to be an awesome year!!

Love,

Mom & Dad




No comments: