Friday, November 6, 2020

Troy | 11 Years Old

 Happy Birthday Buddy, 

                    It's been a little bit of a crazy year with so many changes. I know you left behind your best buddies who you have known since kindergarten and a place that you loved as much as I did. You have made the best of it though, and never once complained or got upset. Instead you've jumped in and helped wherever it was needed. You've taken care of all of us always making sure we are all good. I'm not sure I know another 10 (now 11) year old who can do what you do, and make people feel the way you do. You are an amazing kid. I hope I tell you that enough that you don't have to read this to know it, but just in case... We are so proud of who you are and the choices you make. It is important that you know that sometimes you will make the wrong choice. Sometimes you will mess up and you won't always know the answer or get it all right. That doesn't change the fact that you are amazing, it just means that you are human, like the rest of us. You have to make those mistakes to learn and grow Buddy. You also have to let yourself be okay with getting things wrong, and messing up, and maybe even letting some one down every once in awhile. You are super into soccer right now and you are awesome at it. I love watching your confidence and skill and how much you like that feeling. You are almost taller than me now and you definitely wear a bigger shoe size than me. You are still your dad's clone, and that is a good thing. You love to read (which I love) and you are flying through books. You are my rock. I am pretty sure I could let you run things around here and you would do them so much better than me. I love watching you be silly and be a kid though. You have so much time to  be grown up. Laugh and have fun. Play the games and enjoy this time. I am not sure if you know this or not, but we think you are incredible. You funny and witty and super smart. You are growing up into someone who knows what he likes (and what he doesn't) and that is so good. I really like hanging out with you and even thought there is not a ton of talking involved, it is still my favorite place to be. Happy birthday buddy! We love you so much!! 


Love, 


Mom & Dad 

No comments: