Better known as....
First off, you should know chickens are not as easy to raise as one might guess. Also, I know you are all saying to the computer screen, Well duh! But I really did not anticipate problems in the first week! So Saturday morning dawns bright and sunny and I have the unfortunate thought, today is going to be a great day to get lots done! HA! NEVER THINK THIS THOUGHT OUT LOUD. 1 hour later a chicken has died and the day is shot. We got very little done on Saturday. Our sweet little Buttercup decided she was ready to fly. Jumped out of her rubbermaid tub, off the washing machine and right into Sara's mouth who was simply being the good little bird-retrieving dog her natural instincts told her to be. Unfortunately, she is a dog and little chicks should not be picked up by dog's mouths and therefore, Buttercup was no more. Being the only responsible adult running our house that day I quickly called my Uncle to come pick up the remains while I consoled a very distraught 3 year old. She recovered fairly quickly and I made another unwise decision in thinking, this was very sad but not as bad as it could have been. 2 hours later I am struggling to explain to my 3 year old where chickens go when they die and get rewarded with the statement, so if someone with a real gun shot me I would die and get to go to heaven to see Buttercup? I NEVER SAW THIS ONE COMING. I have been told by my loving husband, I am no longer aloud to discuss death, theology, or farm animals with our daughter without another adult present. Also, leave the laundry room door closed so if little chicks decided to get it into their very tiny chick brains to jump. Dogs will not be waiting for their fall. Stay tuned for more exciting chicken adventures to come. Buttercup has been replaced by....wait for it...Buttercup. Also, we are pretty sure Super Princess is actually a rooster.
No comments:
Post a Comment