Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nap Time

Ahhhh nap time. It should be the few precious hours a day that I get to myself, and occasionally it is. But most days, like today, I have one or two little people who decide they would rather not nap. Here is the not funny thing, I am great at getting other people kids to sleep. Not so much with mine. And when I say mine I mostly mean Emily. Here is an example of how nap time went today.....

Emily, time for nap.
I need comfy pants. Wait NO foot pajamas.
Fine, put on your foot pajamas.
WAIT, I need to go potty.
(I run downstairs to check on the other kids who are already out. When I get back upstairs Emily greets me in front of the bathroom in just her underwear.)
Mommy, what is today?
Tuesday.
Okay! She runs back into the bathroom, picks up chapstick that is lying on the floor and points to the stool and says, today is Tuesday!
Okay Emily time to get in bed.
WAIT! I still have to go potty.
I hit my head against the bathroom wall. Okay, then please go potty.
She is finally in bed. We sing. We pray and I walk out.
3 minutes later I walk back in and she is bouncing on the bed.
Emily! Lay down and go to sleep!
But Mommy I was bouncing on the bed cause my kids just came in and told me that a pretzel is shaped like a shovel AND a stick!!
I just stare at her. Lay down and go to sleep!
As I am about to leave the room she says,
Mommy, I forgot to ask you a question.
What?
How old are you Mommy?
I am 28.
28! Hey that is the same number as on my chalkboard. 28. Same as me. I am 3.
She tells me this last part as she is zipping up her pj's after going potty. Again.
Go to sleep Emily.
I walk out of the room, and it is quiet for awhile. I even start to believe she has gone to sleep. Then I hear a noise. I walk into her room and she has hung a shopping cart cover for babies over the end of her bed and is sitting in it like it is a swing. I say nothing and just start to pull her out of it. This is not the easiest task.
No Mommy, wait! This is my tire swing and I am trying to save my baby. SHE IS IN A RAIN PUDDLE!
Go to sleep!!
But my baby is in a rain puddle!! She says this last part as if she can not believe I would even think of putting her in bed while her baby-doll is in a rain puddle.
I walk out of the room.
I tell Ty the whole story and we both are in tears from laughing so hard. Finally he gets up and goes into her room.
Emily. Go to sleep!
She finally goes to sleep. Just as Troy wakes up...




While we are on the subject of my daughters craziness, colorful imagination, I thought I would share a few more of her stories that entertain us.

Last night she starts chanting/singing , I am a pa-go, I am a pa-go...
I take the bait. Hey Em, what is a pa-go?
A stick.
What kind of stick?
The kind that walks only on one leg.
Do you mean a po-go stick.
YES! I am a po-go, I am a po-go....



Recently Emily was riding in the car with my mom and my niece Riley. It got very quiet in the backseat so my mom glanced back only to find Riley sound asleep.

Riley fell asleep, my mom said.
And it's happening to me too!! Emily wailed from the back.

A few days ago Ty and Emily were at their favorite place, the zoo. Emily had become transfixed, not by the animals, but by a class on a field trip that day.
Can we go over there Daddy?
Over where?
By the class.
You want to go stand by the class?
Yes. But don't leave me!
Ok.
As the teacher of the class called for a bathroom break Em decided she also needed to go.
Being three she was struggling to get her pants back up after, when her daddy asked her if she needed help.
Oh Yes.  I have to get my pants back on. We don't want the class to see my butt.




Happy Tuesday!
My friend Kim ends all of her posts with a quote and I have always enjoyed reading them so I thought I would also give it a try.


A characteristic of the normal child is she doesn't act that way very often. ~Author Unknown


While we try to teach our children all about life,

Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

If your lips are cold just make a funny face and they wll warm up.
-Emily Tipton







1 comment:

Kim @Too Much Time on My Hands said...

Brilliant, I tell ya! That girl will be a writer someday! With that imagination she is set! xoxo