Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Trouble.


Yesterday he was supposed to be napping, but sleep and Troy are not getting along very well right now. I don't completely blame him. He is teething. Again. Still. It seems to take a few weeks for every tooth and he lets you know the whole time that it does not feel good. Also, we went and took away his bottle. He LOVES his bottle. It was not our fault, the Dr. insisted. Scolded, even, a little last time he went in. So, we decided to get it over with sooner rather than later. Bye, bye bottle. He has done pretty well with it and there have only been a hand full of times that he has wanted it. Say, at 3am when he is awake and won't go back to sleep. The other day he said his first sentence. I want my baba. It was very sad. Mostly because as he said it he covered his face and buried it in my chest. Ty was ready to give in and give it back a few nights ago, but we held strong. So nap time yesterday he is not sleeping. I am trying to be firm and not get him up, but then he starts crying like he is hurt and he has been known to get his feet stuck in the bars of the crib, so I ran in. He lifts his arms up at me and as soon as I pick him up he snuggles into me. I sit down to rock him thinking maybe he will fall asleep and he looks up at me with that big grin of his and snuggles back into me and I knew two things right then; First, he would not be going back down for a nap. And second, I was in so much trouble. Trouble as in our 3- and- a- half- year old daughter is smarter than us, and trouble as in he has me completely wrapped around his chubby little finger.





No comments: