This quote makes me think of Em and her wonderful imagination. Everyday she is something new and everyday she tells me, "I am not Emmie today Mommy." "Who are you I ask her?" "Today I am _________ (insert strange, foreign sounding, made-up, name here)". Today she went by the name of Yesta and at times she was a cat and at others a dancer singing songs as she danced around the house. "Will you come watch me when I have a dance class?" She asks me. "Of course." I tell her. I must find this dance class for her.
Other days she sits at the chalkboard and asks her imaginary students the sounds of the letters and to say their numbers out loud. " Eyes on me." She reminds then sweetly.
And then of course there are the days when she puts on the hat, and climbs into the truck to be a, "firefighter to the rescue!!" Just like her Daddy. Last night when we were leaving the station she tried to talk him into putting all his gear on her. She never gets tired of seeing the trucks and wearing his helmet.
The list goes on and on. The way she negotiates for things somedays I am sure she will be a lawyer. When she picks up her camera and starts telling me how to pose I see a little photographer in the making.
She loves to paint and always has and I can't help but wonder if she is a little artist in the making. Then of course the Princess visits us almost everyday. Recently one of my all-times favorites of all of her characters was when she was a "SUPER-VISOR to the rescure!!" You never knew a supervisor could be a superhero huh? Well they are to this 3 year old. I so wanted that to be her costume for halloween. Dress her in a business suit with a briefcase and a cape. She wasn't going for it. She was much too intent on being a purple, skirt wearing, pumpkin.
She is very entertaining to say the least. But mostly she is just wonderfully creative, smart, and ambitious. What I love the most, is that she can be anything she wants to be when she grows up. All I can hope is that she finds something that lets her be who she is. That she never loses that passion she has for everything she does. Anything you wish sweet girl. But for now, just keep imagining life bigger than it ever was.



No comments:
Post a Comment