I am playing a new game these days. In an effort to help my family save money without starving, I have started following The Grocery Game site.
Here is how it works, every week I log onto her site and she has my grocery store ready to go with that week's savings. She figures out when something is on sale for it's very lowest price (produce, meat, dairy, etc...) and tells you to use your coupons that way you get the most savings possible. My weekly grocery bill goal for a family of 4 plus a few daycare mouths to feed is $100/week and so far the last 8 weeks I have been able to meet his goal. I don't just buy what I need that week either. The GG suggests you buy items that you use regularly when they are at their lowest and stock up. This week I bought extra toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant, pasta and more for 25 cents or less. A few of those things were free because I used my coupon along with the store discount. It really is pretty fun! So here is my thing. To keep me motivated I will be posting my weekly savings amount in the sidebar. AND if you are interested and decide to sign up you can be oh so kind and put my email address nicholt.tipton@gmail.com down as a reference. I get free weeks and you save mega bucks on groceries. We all win.

No comments:
Post a Comment