They keep asking me about Kindergarten.
This is suddenly the new topic among the moms, and everytime I am asked,
Where is Emily going to school at?
A panic alarm goes off, which I am able to silence with the thought that I still have 2 years.
Right??
My baby is almost three but school is a long way off. Except that it isn't. The speed with which the last 2 and a half years have flown by is amazing. She is no longer a toddler, she is that in that in-between. That gray area between babyhood and school-aged. A pre-schooler?
Almost. Maybe.
I don't worry about her, about whether she will be ready when the time comes for her to go to school.
She will.
I worry about me. She is such an independent little thing that any moment I get with her to hold her or be with her I grab on to. The older she gets the more I hear,
No Mom, I do it myself!
It is those moments when I am so proud of her for all that she can accomplish, and a little hurt that she doesn't want me to help, that I look at her and see what a truly amazing little person she has become.
Oh, and I have no idea where she is going to school.
Should I know that already??
I think I will live in denial that she will ever be old enough for school for awhile longer and worry about kindergarten next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment