Saturday, September 10, 2011

4 Years Old

Dear Emily,

      Today you turned four. You ran into my bedroom and shouted, Today is my birthday! Do I look bigger? I laughed and asked you if you felt bigger. Well, you said looking at your feet, my feet don't really look bigger. Oh but you are bigger, even if your feet aren't showing it yet. Everyday I look at you and see that you are far from a baby, and no longer a toddler, you are my little pre-school kid. Sorry, BIG pre-school kid! You are the most amazing four -year- old I have ever known. You are silly and goofy. You are sweet and kind, but you also know every trick in the book for getting your way and might be writing a new book as you go. You are so smart. You keep us on our toes Emily Jane. Your vocabulary is ever expanding and I love our many, many, many conversations. When you were born I never knew I would learn so much from you in such a short time, but everyday you teach me something new. I wish I had your energy and excitement for life. You are our sunshine and when you are happy it is hard not to smile right along with you. You are such a good big sister and even though you two have your moments and always will, Troy adores being with you and doing whatever you are doing. We are so, so proud of you and love you very much! Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy



1 comment:

Bree said...

Aww Nichole, this brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful. :')