Thursday, August 11, 2011

Alice

We all know that Emily has a good imagination, that is a given. But now her imagination has become a little more. Well, it has become a friend that only she can see. Alice. Ah Alice. At first this new friend just tagged along as Emily played, sometimes joining in, but mostly content to be Em's audience. But now Alice is getting a little bolder. Just the other day she broke a toy and Emily had to try and fix it. She also told Emily that it was okay to be mean and not listen to her Mommy and Daddy. I would have a talk with her parents but it seems that most days she lives at our house. When I asked Emily what Alice looked like she told me, She has a circle for a face, like me. She has hair like me and eyes like me. She is smaller, no wait, the same size as me. And we are the same age. Hmmm, Alice sounds a lot like someone else I know. Well she better start behaving otherwise I don't know if I can let her play at our house anymore. 

(P.S. Ty told me that I shouldn't play into her "phsycosis" anymore, so that when I told Emily that just because Alice doesn't listen to her Mommy and Daddy doesn't mean that she doesn't have to listen to us what I REALLY should have said was, Alice is not a real person and you need to listen to your Mommy and Daddy. Hmmm, not as fun.)



2 comments:

Brianne said...

Were we like this when we were little? It makes me smile :) (mostly Ty's idea of how to deal with it..hehe) Do you remember our plays? I miss being a kid!

Nichole said...

I had forgotton about our plays! We used to write scripts and make your siblings act them out with us. Yes, I am afraid she is just like us when we were little ;).