So! I have this friend named Kim who is very creative, crafty, once a teacher and now channels that energy into being super talented in most areas. Anyways, she has a great new playroom for her kids and we got to visit them recently, (see duck pond entry), and the first thing I noticed were these great shelves for the kids' books. The second thing I noticed was that they looked a lot like....rain gutters?? Really? Really! They are perfect. Fairly cheap. A $7 rain gutter made two 3'9" shelves plus a little left over for a smaller shelf. The brackets run about $3.00 a piece but you really only need 2 for each shelf if they are just holding books. I splurged and got endcaps because they add a finished look and those were about $3 each. Oh did I mention I was able to hang these myself. I was pretty proud of the fact that I was able to cut the gutter, find studs, drill holes, and level these suckers in about 30 min. without the help of any males. =) Oh, and I love the finished project. My type of project! Thanks Kim! For more of her crafty ideas check out http://andnowformyfinaltrick.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
You did great! They look really good and are so handy.
Post a Comment