Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh Emmie Jane

I thought it might be time for an E update. Miss Em is turning 3 in two months and I am still floored at how this could have happened so fast. I was trying to remember what she was like at Troy's age and I was having a hard time. TOO FAST! Time please slow down just a little!


Last week she went to VBS for the whole week every morning. She had a good time, but she also had a few days of tears at leaving home. By the end of the week though she barely told me goodbye as she headed out the door to "school."



She makes up her own songs and sings all the time about everything. The other day it was the "Walking Song." It went a little something like this...I am walkingggg, all by myselffff. I am walking like this, all by myself." 

She also made up a few imaginary friends to sing to at dinner the other night. Their names were Yase, Dos, and Roy. They were not people or animals. They were friends.



She is riding her bike all by herself now which would be great except she gets so distracted by EVERYTHING around her, (rocks, grass, bugs, the dog, Troy, the sky cars...), that going on a "ride" with her takes way too long and she usually ends up stallling out in the rocks anyways. But man does she look cute in her pink princess helmet.


She loves to do puzzles and can complete some pretty hard jigsaws all on her own.

She loves to cook. She can crack an egg better than I can and could pretty much make pancakes all by herself if it didn't require the use of the oven.


She is so independant and yet at the same time still wants be carried around and do everything we are. This almost 3 age is a tricky one because she isn't a baby anymore but she is not yet a full blown kid so there are definitely challenges. We are learning how to parent a child who still throws herself to the ground in dramatic fits but yet can carry on full conversations on the phone to her grandparents. Ahhh...this parenting thing is trickier than it looks.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful insight into the life a magical life and her marvelous par3ents. I love you all so much...Nana

Anonymous said...

A marvelous insite into a magical life. I love you all so much, Nana

Frankie said...

How the heck did you do that with that amazing photo of Emily? Your work improves by the day!!!!!! Awesome job!