Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Welcome 2010! (Almost).

It has been a long year. Long, not necessarily being a bad thing. See following definition. Long: adj. having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while. These can be good things, and there were many wonderful aspects to 2009.

However, as fast as it flew by it had definite moments where it dragged. Maybe that was because I was pregnant for a large majority of the year. Maybe it was because I didn't sleep for a large majority of the year. Whatever the case may be I am looking forward to 2010.

Our little family is complete and Troy is here. Happy, and healthy and growing fast. Emily is slowly emerging from the terrible trying two-year-old stage and is maturing into a very sweet little person who is helpful and loving which is so nice compared to the, throw- yourself- on- the- floor- screaming- whenever- you- don't- get- your- way little person who has been inhabiting our house for the past year. My business is finally starting to takeoff and it looks like it will be successful after months of hard work. Ty is in a good place with his ventures, and everything is starting to calm down. This is what I like, calm. Also meaning, placid, peaceful, serene, self-possessed. Calm, collected, composed, cool imply the absence of agitation.

I know 2010 will have its bumps, its "agitation" but I am hopeful that it will also be a calm, restoring year. Maybe that is because 10 is a bit of a lucky number for us (we were married on the 10th, Emily was born on the 10th) or it could be that it is just wishful thinking, but it is still a good attitude to have going into the New Year and maybe, just maybe it will pay off for me.

1 comment:

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

2010 is not only my year...it will be yours as well! With lots more sleep!!!!