Thursday, December 31, 2009

Queen of Randomness

Emily, the Queen of Randomness strikes again.

We are sitting at the table eating breakfast this morning and with a mouth full of toast and jelly she looks at me and says, my big sister has poop on it. Only it sounds more like this, Ma big sissa ha poowp oh it.

What?

Ma big sissa ha poowp oh it.

Your big sister has poop on it?

It takes me a few attempts to translate it but I still have no idea what she is talking about because strangely enough, she doesn't have a big sister. She must have seen the utterly perplexed look on my face because she responds by pointing to her shirt and saying:

My big sister Mommy.

Oh. Right.  Your big sister shirt. Got it.

Ya it have poop on it so I has to wear this shirt.

Okay good idea. Eat your eggs please.

I still have no idea what the poop part is about because as far as I know her, "I Am a Big Sister" shirt is sitting in her drawer waiting to be worn, and perfectly clean. However, I try not to dwell on it too much because like I said she is the queen of randomness, and also she could know something that I don't and I have no desire to think about that at the breakfast table.

No comments: