I really didn't know how Emily would feel about our dog Sara. Sara is an 8 yr old chocolate lab and she is very sweet, and laid back so I never worried about how she would be with a new baby. At first they both pretty much ignored each other. Sara wasn't sure what this new little bundle was that Mom always carried around or why it was making such weird noises, and Emily was too busy trying to learn new things that she didn't care about the big brown thing walking around on four legs. Oh, but times have changed. I think it is pretty safe to say if Sara could feed Emily then she would be the most loved person in the house, but since she can't she is a very close second to Mom and Dad. They are always together and if Sara isn't giving Emily constant kisses then Emily is chasing Sara around the room trying to pet her. And now that Emily is eating food Sara just hovers at mealtime waiting for something to drop, and like a good best friend Emily makes sure she drops at least a few cheerios on the floor, if not the whole handful. They are quite a pair and I can't wait to see how this friendship grows! Friday, March 28, 2008
Emily and Sara
I really didn't know how Emily would feel about our dog Sara. Sara is an 8 yr old chocolate lab and she is very sweet, and laid back so I never worried about how she would be with a new baby. At first they both pretty much ignored each other. Sara wasn't sure what this new little bundle was that Mom always carried around or why it was making such weird noises, and Emily was too busy trying to learn new things that she didn't care about the big brown thing walking around on four legs. Oh, but times have changed. I think it is pretty safe to say if Sara could feed Emily then she would be the most loved person in the house, but since she can't she is a very close second to Mom and Dad. They are always together and if Sara isn't giving Emily constant kisses then Emily is chasing Sara around the room trying to pet her. And now that Emily is eating food Sara just hovers at mealtime waiting for something to drop, and like a good best friend Emily makes sure she drops at least a few cheerios on the floor, if not the whole handful. They are quite a pair and I can't wait to see how this friendship grows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment