Sunday, September 10, 2017
Emily | 10 Years Old
Dear Emmie, Ems, EmJ, Emily Jane, Peanut Butter,
Happy birthday my sweet girl. Ten years ago today you made me a mommy for the first time. My tiny 6lb 13oz little baby girl is almost as tell as me now. I would say stop growing so fast but we both know there isn't much we can do to control that. 5th grade and lockers and braces are just a few of the big changes for you this year. I can't help but be impressed with the young woman you are growing to be. You are kind and thoughtful. You are so helpful, I don't know what I would do without you. Even when it is not always easy you try to do what is right and I can always trust that you are being honest with me. You continue to excel at most everything you do. Your new teachers are always so amazed at how smart you are, but not us. We've known it since the very beginning when you negotiated your way through everything from the time you could talk. Your energy and happiness with all that you do is an example to us all. You are creative and artistic and I love your new passion for baking- it is fun to have someone else in the house that loves to bake. Listening to you play guitar and sing brings joy to my heart. My very favorite thing about you though is that you are undeniably, without too much thought to what others think, your own person. You have your own style. You sing out loud whenever you want. You tell funny word puns and laugh at them, you create whole worlds in your head and act them out as you walk around the yard. I love it. I love every bit of you and your beautiful, quirky, definitely goofy, weird self. It is my hope for you that through everything that you will face as you grow older, and friends that come and go, that you never let anyone make you feel like you should change who you are. Who you are is perfect to me.
Happy 10th birthday Emily Jane. We love you to the moon and back.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment