Dear Troy,Tonight we went to your "Night of First Grade" ceremony to celebrate the end of first grade. As I sat there watching you with your class I was just thinking about what an amazing kid you are and how much you have grown over the past year. I am always told how kind and thoughtful you are and what a sweet kid you are and that is so true and it always makes my heart happy to hear this. But, what most people don't know is how brave and strong you are. I know that something like standing up tonight in front of all the first grade parents and family members to say your speaking part had to have been a little scary for you, my kiddo who likes to fly under the radar and has never craved the spotlight, but you stood up there and said your lines perfectly and loudly and clearly for all to hear. You were my super hero tonight. This year threw you some curves. There was a lot to learn and so much more expected of you. Homework every night, but you did it without complaint. Reading wasn't easy for you and you struggled in the beginning but you never gave up and you are such a great reader. My very favorite thing is to hear you reading out loud to us at bedtime. You are growing up so fast and I want so badly to slow you down but I see the person that you are growing into and I am so proud of who you are; the smart, kind-hearted, brave, creative and silly boy with the greatest laugh in the world. Happy end of First Grade Buddy. I am looking forward to spending all summer with you and when the time comes to watching you rock at being a second grader. We are so proud of you.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment