Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Day in the Life of Pre-Schooler




Jack is in pre-school now. he has been waiting to go to school for the last few years. He loves it. I thought he would miss me a little more, but he really doesn't and that is okay- that means I've done something right. Right??? So Jack goes to pre-school Monday through Thursday for 3 hours everyday and the stories he brings home crack me up. It's a little like a soap opera for mini people. I thought I would share a day at pre-school from Jack's perspective.....

Jack: "Mom! I didn't tell you about my day today. I leaned my new friend's name."
Mom: "What is it?"
Jack: "Carly! Like car-leee."
Mom: "Carly is a nice name! Do you play with Carly a lot?"
Jack: "Yes. She is my best friend. I only play with her."
Mom: "What about Boyd or James?"
Jack: "No. Not really, they were running too but I was playing with Carly. There is a kid named Ryan in my class too. I don't play with him. He has funny hair."
Mom: "Well that's not really a nice reason not to play with someone..."
Jack: "I don't play with Harper either because has has boogers in her nose."
Mom: (Trying not laugh) "Hey Buddy we don't not play with people because of how they look. What if someone didn't want to play with you because you had blue eyes?"
Jack: "Why would someone not play with me because I have blue eyes? My eyes are blue??"
Mom: "They are grayish-blue. But that's not what I am saying. We have to be a good friend and nice to everyone in our class."
Jack: "Oh I am nice to them. I say hi to them. I just don't want to play with them. I play with Carly. James did something to someone today and he had to move colors. But he didn't want to and the teacher had to come over and move him. He did NOT like that. Then Harper pushed me."
Mom: "Why did Harper push you?"
Jack: "I got to the yellow dot first and she wanted to stand on that color so she pushed me. But the teacher said she couldn't so she had to move colors too."

Supposedly they played, and sang songs too but this is what he talks about. Today he told me they don't learn anything and was worried that because he had a spot on his sweatshirt the other kids wouldn't play with him. (Head slap). It might be a long year.

No comments: