Saturday, September 10, 2016

Emily | 9 Years Old



Dear Emmie Jane,

      Happy Birthday Sweet girl!!!  Today you turned 9 years old. My baby girl is growing so fast! I'm telling you all I did was blink and you were in 4th grade almost as tall as your Mama and ready to take over the world. :) Okay maybe not just yet but pretty close. We are so proud of the person you are today. You are amazing. You are so confident in who you are and I pray that you never lose that because who YOU are is incredible. You are so smart, and funny. You are tough, whether you are playing soccer, climbing trees or playing king of the hill in Jui-jitsu you don't ever quit. You have such a good heart. You are kind and helpful and sweet to your brothers (most of the time). You have become my right-hand girl and I appreciate all you do to help us so much. You are my animal tamer. I love watching you with your animals, the goats following you around, the chickens running to you. watching you play school with the ducks. This is your happy place and I hope it always is. You can do anything you put your mind to. I have seen it. Riding a horse 3x your size this summer!! Your first road trip without Mom and Dad! Dancing your way through everything, singing whatever comes into your head with your beautiful voice. There will be moments in the future where people might make you feel like you need to change who you are but I need you to know that the 9 year old girl who wakes up a little grumpy each morning and begs to stay up late reading every night. The girl who loves to paint and write and ride her bike everywhere. The beautiful girl who knows "pretty much everything"- that girl, is perfect just the way she is and we could not have asked for anything else. We love you so much Emmie and we know that this 9th year of your life will be a great one. Full of adventure and fun, growing and learning. We love you to the moon and back Peanut Butter. Happy, happy, happy, birthday!!

      Love,

         Mommy and Daddy

    

No comments: