Last night we went to an open house for a possible pre-school for Emily. She wouldn't be starting until September but they are starting registration already! On our way there I wanted to make sure Emily understood what we were going for so she could let us know if she liked it or not.....
Hey Em, we are going to see this school tonight to see if it might be a place you would like to go a-
YES!
it would be a few times a week...
Yes!
Well, but. Mommy and Daddy won't be there with you.
Okay.
You are okay with that?
Will Jules be there? (This is the school Emily's good friend Julia goes to).
Yes.
Okay, I will be fine.
Oh. Okay.
I hope Mommy will be just as fine. I want her to be independent and confident in doing something like this, but a little part of me wishes she wasn't SO excited to leave me. At least I have until September. Of course she has asked several times already if she gets to start school yet. It might be a long haul until September!

No comments:
Post a Comment