Tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, oh my! Add to that bell peppers, eggplant, broccoli, and lettuce and our garden is complete. It is so fun to go out everyday and check to see what new veggie has grown overnight! I think I get just as excited as Emily. She loves to pick tomatoes and eat them right on the spot. I just picked our first zucchini and from the looks of it there will be lots more where that one came from.
While things seem to be doing great, this garden thing is still quite a bit of work. Suddenly all kinds of little critters have shown up ready to steal from me. My squash has cucumber beetles on it. Red ants are threatening my lettuce, and today the birds were circling looking for dropped tomatoes!
I am learning all kinds of interesting ways to get rid of these pests without hurting my plants. In fact today I waged a WAR with the ants using salt, cinnamon, boiling water, and lemon grass oil
No comments:
Post a Comment