Friday, August 27, 2010
No Title...Just venting because I can.
I had an interview tonight with a wonderful family and I am pretty sure I will be watching their newborn very soon, which is great. It seems like everytime I lose a kiddo to school or moving away their is another great family to fill in the spot. I have been so fortunate with this business to find great families and good kids and it is working. It is a successful business that is paying the bills and keeping me at home with my kids. So why is it that I spend every night glued to the computer poring over photographer's websites? It isn't that I couldn't do both. I could. I am stopping myself. I haven't finished the website. I haven't made the business cards. I haven't put myself out there and yet I know for a fact that, that is what I want to do. There are a lot of excuses. I am a little bit afraid I am not really good enough. I am a lot afraid of the time commitment it takes to start a new business, especially when the one you have is working. I am mostly a chicken who can only dream of having people pay you to do what you are truly passionate about. I don't usually let much stand in the way of what I want, but this time I just can't seem to get it in gear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You will when the time is right. Once you believe in it enough it will happen.
Keep looking at those photographers websites and you will soon realize that your work is as good as and even better than theirs! You CAN do both businesses that way it isn't quite so scary. Start small, be comfortable, get your feet wet, then get ready, because you are talented and big things are to come!!!
Post a Comment