Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mexican Chicken Lasagna



I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes. It is quick and easy, but very yummy!

Ingredients:
2 Lg Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 15oz can of black beans
1 15oz can of corn
2 Cups cheddar cheese
1 4.5oz can of diced green chilis (use jalepenos for a spicier taste)
2 Lg flour tortillas
1 10oz can green enchiladas

**One of my favorite ways to get shredded chicken is to put the chicken breast (frozen and uncooked) in my slow cooker on low with a little salsa and chicken broth. Then shred once cooked thoroughly.

Preparation: Mix together in large skillet on medium heat; Cooked, shredded chicken, black beans, and corn. Cook until heated (about 10 min). Next add in green chilis, 1/2 a cup of the green enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Once cheese is melted spread 1/2 of the chicken mixture into a 13x9 dish. Cut one of the flour tortillas in half and places both halves on top of the chicken mixture so that they cover most of it. Next, add the second half of your chicken mixture and again top with two halves of a tortilla. Finally, pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top and cover with cheese. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning. Top with sour cream and hot sauce and enjoy!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nichole, We enjoyed this Mexican Chicken Lasagna tonight. It was easy and so tasty. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. G'ma

Nichole said...

I ams o glad you enjoyed it. It is one of my favorites which is why I thought I would share!