Friday, November 6, 2015

Troy | 6 Years Old

 
                          
 
Dear Troy-Boy,
         Happy Birthday Buddy! It was a Friday 6 years ago when you were born too. You were born right at 6pm and you were the perfect start to the weekend for so many of us that day. We joke that even on the day you were born you were thoughtful and considerate enough to be born not too early and not too late on a Friday when it worked for everyone. To this day you are still the sweetest, most thoughtful, most considerate 6 year old I know. You have taught me so much about life in the very short time I have known you. I never realized how much of life is rushing from thing to thing until you taught me to slow things down and to see everything that I am missing by rushing around. You see the cool beetles crawling through a rock, the rainwater that caused a small stream to flow through the mud, or the last purple flower in a field full of grass. You have taught me to be a better person. You are kind to everyone and think to ask me how my day was when you get into the car after school or comment on how "lovely" the house looks when it's been picked up. Your first friend was the kiddo at school who was brand new to our country and barely spoke English and you made him feel welcome and play with him even when it might be tough. You share everything with your brother and sister even when they don't always do the same for you. You are incredible! Your teacher said it best when she said we love your big brain. You remember and notice so much and I love to listen to you tell me about all that you know. Just this morning I learned from you that the very first Stegosaurus bone was found in Colorado. You are so smart and creative. Your Lego inventions just keep getting better and better and listening to you starting to read on your own is my new favorite pastime. I pray daily that you never change who you are, that the world never changes you from the sweet, thoughtful little boy who loves to dream and invent and build the tallest skyscrapers and the coolest cars. You are perfect just the way you are. We are so proud of you little man!! Love you to the farthest galaxy and back.
 
Love Mommy & Daddy  
 
 

 Smiley and happy even at 6 months!
 









No comments: