Thursday, August 7, 2014

Emily Jane's in the 2nd grade

With a few missing teeth, a sporty new bob, and her usual abundance of energy Emily started her 2nd grade year. Her new teacher is Mrs. Cordova and we like her very much (so far). She has a tarantula as a class pet so we are anxiously awaiting his arrival into the classroom. We have a few old friends in our class and lots of new friends. Her biggest concern for the year: Do we still get 3 recesses like last year?? And yes, yes they do so that is a big relief there. She still dislikes every type of sandwich I pack her for lunch so today she left with corn tortilla quesadillas, strawberries, cherry tomatoes and basil. We shall see...I am quickly running out of lunch ideas for a little girl who has very specific tastes. I say it every time, but I am not really ready for her to be growing up this fast. And yes, I still almost lost it dropping her off at school yesterday. She, of course, blew me a kiss and ran off to meet her friends with no trace of sadness about leaving her mother to start a new adventure. As it should be. Happy 2nd grade year Emmie! I can't wait to see what it brings. 













No comments: