Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Three Babies

Only they aren't really babies anymore though are they? Emily is finishing up 1st grade, Troy is almost done with his first year of preschool and Jack is 2. I love that they are getting old enough to go on adventures with us and ski, and hike, and camp with us. Oh but since Jack's birthday there has been this little voice in my head (should I admit that out loud) that is screaming, slow down, just a little bit. Don't grow up too fast! I am not asking for forever, I just want a little extra time to keep them just as they are. That isn't completely selfish of me is it? What can I say, at least if they have to grow up they are doing it right. They are growing up into these kind, compassionate, intelligent little people who love to learn and explore and spend time together and with family. I really could not ask for more. I asked Troy the other day who made him so sweet and he replied, God did. He made me right? So matter-of-factly my little man.     









No comments: