Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Why My Neighbors Think I am Crazy
Ty is always reminding me that when I am out in public other people truly can see and hear what I am doing. For instance the other day when I hopped back into the car and did a little I am really cold, shake/dance in the front seat. He looked over at me and calmly informed me that all of the girl scout parents who were in the parking lot right then could see my little crazy dance. Or the time in the middle of Target that I got upset because they were all out of rotisserie chicken and stomped my feet and wailed quite loudly, but I really wanted some chicken! In my defense on that last one I was very pregnant at the time and I don't think I should be held accountable for any of my actions involving pregnancy and food. But I did get his point on the public displays of crazy, so I do try and remember to act as normal as possible in public.
Today, I forgot.
I had let the chickens out to roam free in the backyard which means the dog has to stay inside. Harvey's favorite game is chase the chickens and unfortunately I have seen what happens when he catches them. It is not pretty, and after losing two to a sneaky fox on Saturday morning I wanted to make sure we had no other mishaps. When Emily and Troy decided to go outside later I made sure they understood they could go out but to not let the dog out. So they promptly went downstairs, opened the door and let the dog out. In my haste to keep all chickens from being eaten I forgot Ty's be normal in public rule, and quickly ran outside screaming at the top of my lungs, which happened to come out extremely shrilly as well, for Harvey to stop. I might have overdone it. Harvey instantly tucked his tail between his legs and ran back into the house, but it wasn't until I looked over our fence and saw my neighbors standing in their driveway gawking at me that I realized my error. See, they could not see the chickens or even the dog. Just me screaming like a loony at who knows what and even worse they probably thought it was one of my children. Nice. I definitely broke the rule on this one, but at least my husband was not around to calmly inform me I was once again crazy in public.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment