Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1st Day of Kindergarten

You were quiet this morning,
a little worried I could tell.


You asked me if I had been shy on my first day of school,
and I thought about how very shy I was,
and how you are not.
Yes, I told you.
Then I told you about how I also made lots of friends and we stayed such good friends all through school.

I smile at this thought because I know only 1 hour into school and you have already made friends.
That is who you are.



You were excited too, I could tell.
You let me fuss with your hair and pick out your clothes and not even one complaint.
Your only request, BOTH mommy and Daddy walk you in.
And then you skipped ahead of both of us.


You knew just what to do and walked into class like a pro.
When the teacher called you the wrong name you ignored her until she realized her mistake.
You are Emily, and you won't answer to anything else.




We left you sitting in your desk ready to go,
ready to learn.
A quick kiss,


and Daddy's last look,
and we were off.


Somehow I managed to leave my baby girl without any tears,
but I couldn't have been more proud of you.
Happy 1st day baby.









1 comment:

Bree Spitz said...

How did you not cry?! I just got all teared up reading this :') What a momentous occasion. Proud mama! <3