Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sara's Post

I can't bring myself to say goodbye so instead I will say thank you.

Thank you for completing our family.






 Thank you for being the softest pillow in the house.  


Thank you for teaching us that,  food always tastes best when stolen unsuspectingly. Especially a whole pizza (box and all)! Bread should be carried around and shaken for awhile as if you just caught it yourself. If you aren't sure, just eat it. Even drywall and lawnmower parts have some flavor. (I am afraid Troy may have learned this last one from you as well). Thanksgiving cheesecakes taste best, and always blame the cat when half the chocolate cake is missing.


Thank you for reminding us that happiness is being with the ones we love. That to be a good friend you just have to be there when the other person needs you, and that you can never get to big to curl up on someone's lap.




Thank you for all the nights you laid at the nursery door while I rocked my babies to sleep protecting us from intruders. You claimed them as soon as they were born and have taken care of them ever since. Don't worry Bears, I will take good care of them for you.


Thank you for the countless hikes, walks, runs. Letting us drag you to Colorado even if it meant two days in the car, and a chewed through leash half-way here. At least you got to order from the drive-thru Sara style. Meat and cheese only. Thank you for missing us so much that you broke out of a kennel, climbed on a dresser and opened a window to be with us.



Thank you for teaching us that fetch really means to chase the ball once and then lay down at eat the whole thing in two minutes. I will never look at a tennis ball without being reminded of you.



 
Thank you for loving us all. This whole big crazy family. You belonged to all of us and made sure we always knew it. There wasn't many who could resist your patented under-arm move that got you a head scratch everytime.




Thank you for being his first doggy. Every little boy needs a dog like you.  


 You were one of a kind. Our Sara Doggy, Hers, Sara Bear. I don't know how I will ever trust another dog to take care of our kiddos like you. You drove me crazy, but what I wouldn't give to have you stealing the butter off the counter right now. I only hope that you are getting to run in an endless field chasing as many chickens and tennis balls as your heart desires, and splashing in countless lakes as you go. You were a good puppy Bear Bears. We miss you so much.  

Sara 10/11/99 - 06/21/11

1 comment:

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Sara was the sweetest gentlest dog and she will be so missed. Thanks for making me cry with your wonderful stories and beautiful pictures.