Monday, March 12, 2018

Jack | 6 Years






Dear Jack-Jack, 

         Happy 6th birthday sweet boy!! You've been waiting for this birthday for the last 6 months. You asked weekly how much longer until you turned 6.  I always wish you wouldn't be in such a hurry to get older, but I know how much you want to be "big" like your brother and sister. Well, today, you my love, are a big 6 year old. This past year was a pretty big year for you. You started Kindergarten at a new school and go all day long.  You love it, of course. You know how to read! You love it, of course. And I love listening to you read to me. Sometimes you still let me read to you which I appreciate. You've made so many new friends, you start playing T-ball in a few months and you can't wait. You've grown at least 2 inches! None of your pants fit anymore. It kind of feels like overnight my baby, my shadow, my monster -slaying partner, turned into this awesome, funny, sweet, bigger kid. It is pretty amazing being your parent. I just thought you should know that. I think your teacher summed it up the best at conferences when she said, "he is just a super-confident, cool-kid, and when he talks everyone wants to stop and listen." There are grown-ups who are still trying to achieve what you have at 6 years old. You still have very little fear, which terrifies me, but I admire the fact that you jump into anything without worrying about what others will think, or if you will look silly, or even worse fail. You don't care. You are Jack-Attack and in your head you cannot fail. I hope that you carry that confidence with you through your whole life. We have no doubt that you are capable of doing great things, whatever you set your mind to do. But, if for some reason, you do fall just remember that is okay too. We all fail at some point and the great thing is that we can always get back up, and try again. And just know that when that day comes, we will always be there to help you back up and give you a hug. No matter what, you are amazing to us- just as you are. We can't wait to see what 6 brings for you! Happy happy birthday!! 6 hugs and 6 kisses at bedtime now! And I love you around the whole universe -infinity times.

Love,

    Mommy & Daddy

















             
                 

No comments: