Friday, October 24, 2014

Nuggles

Most nights I am so tired by the time bedtime rolls around that we do our bedtime thing with books and tuck-ins and kisses and then I am in my own bed ready to sleep. Tonight, however, when Jack asked "Mommy you nuggle with me?" as I tucked him in I couldn't resist. As I snuggled with him we had this conversation and I was again reminded how important each little moment is with these little people and how quickly they grow up and are not as interested in "nuggles."

Jack- mommy you nuggle with me?
Me- ya I will snuggle with you.
Jack- I nuggle you, I NEVA let you go!
Me- I love you. Who are you?
Jack- I Jack!
Me- where did you come from?
Jack- I come from movies.
Me- You came from movies? Like Rescue Bots?
Jack- Ya like my friend Boulder.
Me- Boulder? From rescue bots?
Jack- Ya. I the fire truck.
Me- Ok buddy, but now we need to get to sleep so we aren't grumpy in the morning.
Jack- You grumpy in the morning?
Me- Yes if I don't sleep I am grumpy.
Jack-Oh. Daddy and Troy and Emmy get grumpy?
Me- Yup if they don't get enough sleep they get grumpy.
Jack- Ya I get grumpy and I wake up and I see a bug and I eat it!
Me- No we've talked about this, we don't eat bugs.
Jack- Oh ya we don't eat bugs. You grumpy?
Me- No but I am going to sleep so I don't get grumpy.
Jack- Ok. mommy what is grumpy?

No comments: