Meals are interesting times in our family. We try to eat together as much as possible and encourage conversation with each other. Appropriate table conversation. This is important to note because at times with a 6 and a 4 year old this has been forgotten. Just to be clear underwear are never appropriate table conversation but for some reason Troy thinks this word is hilarious and is always trying to slip it in. Anyways, I am digressing from my point, we have had some strange conversations over meals but yesterdays may take the cake...
Troy: My holes are very famous.
This is followed by silence and possibly crickets chirping because what do you really say to that. I am assuming he was talking about the holes he had made in his cereal using his spoon, but I did not want to know so I didn't broach the subject. At all. His sister couldn't stand it though.
Emily: Did you just say "my holes are very famous"??!? Do you even know what famous means?
Because this was the awkward part of his statement.
Troy: Yes. Famous means handsome. Like Jack. Not like sand or oatmeal.
I believe Emily went on to lecture Troy about the actual meaning of the word famous for quite some time and at some point he began tuning her out and went off to play with his legos but I missed the last part trying to comprehend the conversation itself and all I was left with was...Ah that's sweet. He thinks Jack is handsome. I think I am going to gloss over the rest of the conversation and worry about that some other time.
No comments:
Post a Comment